National Bubba Day
Belinda @ Kids Matter
June 2nd is National Bubba Day. This holiday is in honor of all those, formally or informally, named Bubba. The name Bubba became famous by a character in the movie, Forrest Gump. However, if you live in the south the name Bubba has been around for ages, and is typically a male name. When you think of “Bubba” you think of your brother, cousin, a guy you grew up with, or went to school with. But… did you know, Bubba actually means grandmother in Yiddish? Isn’t that an interesting fact?
Just seeing the name Bubba creates an automatic image of someone you know. But, how do we show them honor on their special day? Below are a few examples… pick one or more and get to celebrating your Bubba!
1. Call Bubba and sing Happy Bubba Day.
2. Send a Happy Bubba Day text!
3. Post a pic of your Bubba on Facebook.
4. Take Bubba out to eat.
5. Buy Bubba a gift.
6. Send a Happy Bubba Day email.
7. Talk about ‘old times’ with Bubba.
8. Thank Bubba for everything ever done for you.
9. Throw Bubba a surprise party.
10. Do something nice for Bubba (wash car, clean house, babysit… etc.)You may know one or ten Bubbas, but do something to acknowledge each of them on their special day! Happy Bubba Day to all the Bubbas out there, especially my own five year old little Bubba!